diumenge, 4 de març del 2012

Fredrikstad, Østfold county

Sunny day

Yesterday I went to Fredriskstad in Østfold county. I haven't had the opportunity to cross the fjord yet until my visit there because it's situated in the other side of the Oslo fjord. To arrive there I took one bus first to Horten and then one ferry to Moss and finally one train to Fredrikstad.
Why Fredrikstad? Because two friends are doing their final project about on ferry that sails in the river of Fredrikstad. This river is known because forks two ways as you can see in the map:

In the map above there is a half 'star'. That zone is a group of channels forming a star in the middle of a big park. It is so nice... It's full of benches to enjoy the dusk or something like this :)






It's really difficult take a photo englobing the 'star' from the ground level... Actually it's impossible so I show you only one little part on the left photo.







During the day we was walking following the riverfront and we could see some boats and enjoy the views. Haha I say it as If I never would have seen one...


Fredrikstad is so beautiful but it's the typical tourist place... I think the people who lives there have a lot of money because the most of buildings and houses was very big and eye-catching...

If you never go to Fredrikstad I recommend you do a walk around the center area and then takes the spectacular bridge that you can find easy because it's enormous... This bridge has a big wheel linked with the bridge. We passed the bridge and it's really hard but if you have a sunny day you can do it and take some beautiful photos from the top. Also there is a boat crossing the river but we decided to pass walking first and then take the boat and come back to the centre. In the next photo you will see the reason why we decided it.








Passed the bridge I take one photo of him because you can see the lenght...









Of course, as all towns in the world there is a church (typical scandinavian church) and parks. I show you some photos about this:

And that's all about my visit to Fredrikstad! I didn't think that I liked so much this place actually. Also I have to show you our Tunsberg in Tonsberg... It's a replica of the old Tunsberg tower and it's the most characteristic feature we have.


And the dusk from Tunsberg the other day...


Until next publication!

Laura

4 comentaris:

  1. It's great that you can visit so many places when you're here!
    Also, we have to go to the viking museum here at Borre. René, Jon and myself haven't been there either, so we think we all should go and be tourists together ;)

    ResponElimina
  2. Oh yes! It could be great be tourists together! You will feel like us in Norway haha Ok, only fix one day and we go there! My dear friends say me they want to go also! :)

    ResponElimina
  3. I'm in! ;D

    And I like your blog btw - I learn a lot.. :P

    There's so many places I haven't been, and I've lived here for three years. Like Verdens Ende.. or even Edvard Munch's house which is only 10 minutes by car from me! O_o
    Nor did I know that the Tønsberg tower was a replica..

    ResponElimina
  4. René! does it mean that I have to show you your region right now? Mmmm... I'm not sure! I think you will have to transfer the red and comfortable pillow to my back next day in jernet... We will see!
    And, Velkommen of course!

    ResponElimina