dilluns, 12 de març del 2012

Last port of call...Göteborg


Surprising Göteborg

This last weekend I went to Göteborg (Sweden). It is near from my place and cheap too so it can be like the perfect trip for an erasmus student!

I have been there for 3 days (2 nights) and I think is enough to see the most important places and walk around the city. I arrive there after a crazy trip by bus and ferry and three buses! It is like and odyssey but it is much more cheap than take a flight!

First of all, I started with a walk around the Linnés district (Linnéstaden) and I could see the Oscar Fredriks Kyrka (church) and quite views about this district. Then, I went to Haga district (Haga) that it is known for be the oldest part of the city and the most beautiful residence part. It was nice because all the district is full of typical swedish shops and coffee - chocolate cafés. All of that cafés are completely full of cakes and it was like: "Oh shit!". Actually I didn't buy any! Unfortunately I visited this district in the afternoon and 'hello! This is the north! Today the Sun goes down at 18.00 so you have to visit almost all the time at night!" But, it was really nice anyway. All of us were surprising with Göteborg only with that district.
Some photos about Oscar Fredriks kyrka below:


On Saturday I started the day walking around the Slottsskogsparken, the biggest park of Göteborg that it is full of parks. Luckily, I had a great sunny day and I could walk almost all the park. I was been all day resting there and walking through the ways. I show you why:








These are the park owners!
Caution with them ;)











After this park I went to the botanic garden (Botaniska trädgard). It is really big and is another form to see how are the parks in Göteborg so there are a lot of types of gardens like asian park or american park. The best part for me was greenhouses with beautiful flowers and plants as carnivorous plants, an exhibition of orchids and much more types. I attach the most beautiful for me!






Nyam - nyam! :D



I know the next photo will produce some type of compulsive plant buying from someone of you... Coffe!

I went to visit the big wheel and the Universeum, the cultural world museum and also the large Avenyn of Göteborg (all of this in Liseberg district) but I don't have photos about it! I took some from another camera but my camera's battery died earlier and obviously I was far far far away from my hostel...! But, anyway the beautiful photos are these I think!
Hm! I was dinning in a spanish restaurant! Tapas :) When I get the photos I show you the restaurant and the dinner!

Finally we return to Norway at Sunday in the evening and it was really tired... All of us were very tired and we had to take a tram via, run to the central station, catch (almost literally) the train to Skee (almost 3 hours long, the best 'siesta' I ever done) and then toke another bus to Strömstad to the ferry terminal and sail 3 hours to Sandefjord (just in Norway) with his pertinent seasickness clearly :D Now you have to add one hour by bus to Tonsberg and just walk at home! The last part with 2 kilograms of frozen chicken (tax free on board...)! jiji

And today we have class at 8.15 and we have gone at 9.00 because our bodies can't wake up and surprise! The class have finished at 10.00 (when normally is a class that finish at 15.45) so... Can I kill anyone? Because my next class today it was norwegian at 17.00! I think I will get a VIP pass to the library!

Nothing more family!


Laura

2 comentaris:

  1. Hahah. That is so typical that the class ended that early. :P

    But wow! I actually didn't know about those things to see in Göteborg. Obviously I should try to be more of a tourist when I travel :P

    ResponElimina
  2. El trajecte de tornada cansa només de llegir-lo xD Espero que tot estigui anant bé!

    ResponElimina